Pun on words there but its going to be worth it. News just in from our very dear friends over at Modiphius Entertainment.
Today we’re really pleased to announce the release of Tales from the Loop: Our Friends the Machines and other Mysteries, the first campaign book for the award winning Tales from the Loop RPG, which scooped no less than five ENnies including Best Game, Best Setting, Best Writing, Best Internal Art and Product of the Year this year!
Our Friends The Machines is available now in print
form on Modiphius.net and in PDF only on DriveThruRPG.com
. You will also be able to buy Our Friends The Machines in your local store from February. Here’s the exciting details!
Toys suddenly developing intelligence. A mystical mummy roaming the beaches. Weird events in the local video store. A mixtape full of mysteries. Four wondrous machines. A guide to creating your own setting for the game. All of this and more is included in this volume, the first official module for the multiple award-winning Tales from the Loop RPG. This book includes:
- Our Friends the Machines. A mystery about a product launch of a new line of action toys that suddenly takes a turn to the weird.
- Horror Movie Mayhem. The ’80s was the decade of moral panic, when everything new was dangerous and corrupting. In this mystery the Kids will investigate what is really happening in and around the local video store.
- The Mummy in the Mist. There are whispering rumors that it is back again. The mummy down by the lake. Roaming the beaches by night, looking for something, hungering after something. It will be up to the Kids to solve this mystery.
- A mixtape filled with mysteries. Eight short mysteries based on classic pop songs from the era.
- Blueprints, background and adventure hooks for four advanced and iconic machines from the world of the Loop.
- Hometown Hack. A guide to creating your very own setting for the game, complete with the Norfolk Broads, a UK-based Loop.
Praise for Tales from the Loop
“RPG Tales from the Loop lets you channel Stranger Things and ET.”
“Tales From The Loop could very well be the RPG phenomenon of 2017.”
Geek & Sundry
“Tales From The Loop, a role-playing game, is what happens when Netflix’s Stranger Things and the Welcome to Night Vale podcast go bump in the night” io9.gizmodo.com
“I love it for existing so capably and confidently outside of the RPG norms of sci-fi, fantasy and “the occult”” Shut Up and Sit Down
We hope you enjoy this latest adventure from this fantastic RPG universe and look out for more Tales from the Loop books and accessories, coming soon!