In this video we take a look at The Dark Crystal the Board Game from Riverhorse, based on the cult 1982 movie of the same name by legendary creator Jim Henson, the mastermind behind The Muppets!
The game is a family game for 2 to 4 players and contains everything you need to play, more details below!
Will Jen and Kira manage to find the Shard and heal the Dark Crystal? Find out in this fun family board game for 2 to 4 players based on the classic The Dark Crystal movie by Jim Henson.
- 4 highly collectable figurine renditions of the main characters: 2 Gelflings – Jen and Kira (with Fizzgig!), 2 Skeksis – skekSil the Chamberlain and skekUng the Garthim-Master.
- Rules booklet – 24 pages.
- 2′ × 2′ game board – lavishly illustrated with inspiring new artwork featuring all the legendary places from the movie, including Aughra’s Observatory, the Valley of the Stones and the Crystal Castle.
- 25 World cards, 9 Mystic cards, 7 Skeksis cards and 15 Minion cards.
- Over 20 game tokens.
- 6 polyhedral dice (D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20).
- 4 character sheets and 4 Special Ability cards.
- Cardboard stand-ups and bases: 4 Garthim, 1 Slave Podlings, 1 Gourmand Skeksis and 1 Slave-Master Skeksis
- 1 Orrery turn track (top and bottom, with plastic connector).
Many thanks to Alessio Cavatore and David Clark for the review copy and all their help. A full video review and play through coming very soon to our Gamers Web YouTube Channel.
What cult movie would you love to see made into a board game? Would you like to see Hook or Krull? Or maybe something with more action like Die Hard or Predator? Let us know in the comment below and don’t forget to like share and subscribe and click the bell to keep up to date with all our videos.
You can get your copy of the The Dark Crystal Board Game from Riverhorse and all good game stockists now!
Visit the Riverhorse website for all their amazing games!