Since its inception in 1997 Gamers Web as always been about putting the right people in the right place. Over the years through my contacts in the industry and with talented people around the world, I have found pretty high profile jobs in the past within the games industry for those who had no clue how to go about it, by just simply pointing two bodies together!
Of course the world is now a lot smaller than it was twenty years ago, but the ethos remains the same. If I can help someone get into the hobby industry or likewise help those in the industry get new blood, I will.
Working in the games industry on some of the best loved games around seems like the best job in the world and for a lot of reasons it is. It is also very hard work, with meeting very tight deadlines, constant pressure from those around you to deliver and also the public demanding where their latest product is. If you can weather all of that and feel that you have something to offer one of the fastest growing games companies in the industry then read on.
Work for Modiphius Entertainment
Currently Modiphius Entertainment is looking to expand its crew of hard working members to include a Finance Assistant to work out of the companies London based office, as well as several other positions which are available.
• Knowledge of Sage 50 Professional Accounts
• Previous experience of Bookkeeping / Finance/ working in a professional office environment
• Excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
• Quick learner with logical mind
• Good knowledge of Excel− Purchase invoices monthly posting to Sage
− Business Current and Saving bank accounts/ Paypal/ Transferwise/ Petty Cash reconciliation
− Raising and sending out sales invoices
− Allocation of receipts, credit control and monthly receivable statements
You will support financial director and work closely with the main accountant . Other duties may include providing support to customer online queries.
The position can be permanent or part time. Office hours : 9am – 6pm
Working from the London office, we’re looking for a dynamic, organised team player to perform the following duties for this role:
– Research and maintain press lists
– Research and facilitate marketing opportunities
– Assist on Modiphius stands at conventions
– Handle review copy requests
– Assist with Google Adwords Planning & execution (some proven experience with Google Adwords is key)
– Liaise with department heads and partners on launch plans for new projects
– Assist Social Media Manager on campaigns
– Manage newsletter for third party launches
– Assist with management of marketing budget
– Produce short promo videos for products
– Co-ordinate and brief design materials
– Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail
– Keep up-to-date on marketing and industry trends
– Strong relationship building skills, internally and externally
– Knowledge of social media platforms, activity, and measurement
– Assist with office admin
– Shopify e-commerce platform knowledge
– Basic video & asset creation skills (Adobe suite)
– Working knowledge of tabletop games
– Constant Contact newsletter software
Please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
This role is a flexible as-needed contract to provide additional customer service help in our London office during busy periods.
You will be expected to learn the processes pathways for our most common issues, and spot and escalate new problems as they become apparent both internally and in some cases, externally.
You will also be expected to deal with the packaging and shipping of various parts and products from our office to customers around the world, and keeping in communications with them to ensure they receive the items they are expecting,
An in-depth knowledge of Modiphius products is required for this role.
You should exhibit absolute diplomacy and discretion at all times regardless of customer tone of voice, with a can-do and helpful attitude via email.
There will be a brief training period after which you will be expected to work independently.
- Excellent communication and typing ability that allows you to be the voice of Modiphius to paying customers quickly and accurately, maintaining a professional standard of communication.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A keen eye for problem-solving and working issues through with 3rd parties eg warehouse/shipping company.
- Knowing when to escalate issues up the chain.
- An understanding of all current and Kickstarted Modiphius products.
Desirable skills (Helpful, but not essential):
- Knowledge of Shopify
- Working knowledge of Freshdesk back end including FAQ creation and ticket management/process set up.
- Knowledge of Kickstarter/Pledge Manager back ends.
- Knowledge of Moxtra
- Knowledge of our Fallout Products
Please apply using the form or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your CV and covering letter.
Freelance Layout Artist – Remote
Modiphius is looking for freelance layout artists with experience with boardgame components (cards, countersheets, ruleooks, boxes etc).
– Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator.
– Effective time management working across multiple titles.
– Must be able to work to a brief within tight time limitations.
We will also consider strong candidates with Tabletop RPG layout experience.
The role is remote and will report in to our Head of Design.
Please contact us via email@example.com with your portfolio links and CV.
Unfortunately we can only respond to successful applicants at this time but thank you for your interest, best of luck!
Logistics Assistant or Manager – OFFICE BASED
This position will work within the Operations Team, Sales, Customer Service and Finance ensures the smooth running of the company.
– Requires experience of working in imports and exports, air and sea freight.
– Analysing shipping costs; stock management/forecasting; shipping costs breakdown, and preparing multi-wave pre-orders, as well as day to day orders.
– Leasing with our warehouse on a daily basis.
– Proven experience dealing with SKUs, spare parts and packaging development is essential.
- This role does not require any working knowledge of tabletop games.
- Must be London based or able to commute. Further details on application.
We are always on the lookout for creatives to join our extended teams for our major game projects. These roles are typically remote and do not require you to be in London. When writing please include details of particular projects you’d like to work on and why plus a CV. We look forward to hearing from you!WRITERS PLEASE NOTE! You must have previous experience of contributing to a published roleplaying game and working to a deadline.
Working in zBrush you’ll have experience of creating 3d miniature figures for production in metal, resin or plastic. Modiphius is looking for freelance sculptors to work across John Carter, Star Trek, Achtung! Cthulhu, Fallout: Wasteland Warfare and boardgame miniatures design. You do not need to be based in London. 3D SCULPTORS PLEASE NOTE! You must have previous experience of contributing to a manufactured product line.