Great news from our friends at Modiphius as they announce two new products for Symbaroum!
Today we’re delighted to announce two new releases for the acclaimed Swedish Dark Fantasy RPG,
Symbaroum: Symbar Mother of Darkness is available in print and PDF and the Davokar Game Master’s Screen is available in print only as part of the Symbaroum Collection on Modiphius.net. Here are the details on these exciting new releases.
For a millennium, the Dark Watch had managed to keep the darkness fettered in peaceful slumber. But that was before the humans of the south came fleeing across the mountains, before they entered the woods hunting for more. And if Ardil’s guess was correct, they had now reached the heart of the forest, where the perpetual summer had shifted to autumn, and the fetters were losing their strength. Where darkness had already awakened.
- The adventure Mother of Darkness, where the player characters get a chance to explore the ruined city of Symbar. If they survive the journey…
- A traveler’s journal written by the expedition leader Vidina, meant to be read by both players and the Game Master.
- A comprehensive chapter for the Game Master, introducing the older history of the Davokar region and describing developments within and between the game world’s factions.
- Two freestanding ruins with color maps, which may be explored as stand-alone adventure landscapes or encountered during the journey to Symbar.
- Rules and guidelines for expeditions into Davokar, to be used in order to design or randomly create thrilling treasure hunts and journeys of exploration.
- A chapter with rules for new traits, artifacts, creatures and an expanded version of the Bushcraft boon.
This Game Master’s Screen for the Symbaroum roleplaying game is designed to function as an aid when exploring the wilderness areas of the game world, and more specifically the vast forest of Davokar. Inside, the Game Master will find a summary of the exploration guidelines that were introduced in the adventure module Symbar – Mother of Darkness, along with a collection of tables related to the rules. In addition, the Davokar Game Master’s Screen introduces a unique list of treasures, along with a number of tables which can be used to randomly generate ruins that will challenge and entice any group of explorers.
No matter if traveling through the wilds is a goal in itself or a remarkably eventful stretch of a much grander journey, this Game Master’s Screen will prove a valuable aid and help avoid the need to excessively browse the rulebooks.
We hope you’ll enjoy these brand new Symbaroum releases,